Exploring Tennessee is at the top of my family's to do list. We've been here for a few years now, and the time has come for us to venture out and explore the beauty of Tennessee. Recently, we took time to explore Sevierville, Tennessee. This area is comprised of not only Sevierville, but also Gaitlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Kodak. The area thrives on being family friendly, and there is a wide range of activities to do and places to visit.
Family Fun in Sevierville, Tennessee
We received complimentary tickets to some of the places listed, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
- The Great Smoky Mountains National Park definitely tops the list of places to visit when in the area. If you are looking to hang out in nature, the mountains will not disappoint. There are several options for exploring the mountains including a self-guided driving tour and tons of trails for those who want to get out in hike. Throughout the mountains you'll find several waterfalls too.
- Courthouse Donuts is a local restuarant ran by a local family. With its design your own donut shop, the kiddos will have a blast. My girls enjoyed choosing their icing and toppings and so did my husband and I! There's also the option for meals if you want to enjoy some food before indulging.
- Smokies Minor League Baseball is a fun family pasttime. I can't say that I am a die hard baseball fan, but the few baseball games that we've attended I have enjoyed. The Smokies have one of the most beautiful fields. The games that we watched were filled with excitement, and my girls enjoyed seeing home runs, bats breaking, and fireworks.
- Applewood Farmhouse Restuarant is a place where you must dine if you're in the area. It's not just a restuarant, but on the site you'll also find a candy factory, bakery, and ice cream parlor. After dining at the restuarant, we headed across the street to observe the river and take pictures while the girls enjoyed their ice cream which is included with all the kid's meals. By that time, Vic and I were ready for our own treats. I headed for the bakery to get an apple pie a la mode while he headed to the ice cream parlor for a cone filled with Cookies and Cream homemade ice cream. While in the bakery, I bought Apple Cider and Honey Apple donuts for the road.
- Outdoor Gravity Park is SO MUCH FUN! With every trip, I believe in throwing in a bit of surprise and for us rolling the hills at Outdoor Gravity Park was our surprise. Everyone from the youngest to oldest had a great time. We each rolled down two hills in pairs inside a HUGE ball. I can't say that any of us were without anxiousness, but I can say that we were all excited to do it again.
- Tara Jean's Ice Cream and Bakery has yummy ice cream and cupcakes. It is a great sweet treat especially if you visit during the summer.
There's so much to do in Sevierville, Tennessee! It's a great place to visit whether you want low key vacation or one filled with thrills. It's so easy to make your visit to Sevierville the best of both worlds.